"The President and the Press" American Newspaper Publishers Association. Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY. favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 10 reviews ) Topic: John F. Kennedy Source: John F. Kennedy Presidential Library
John F. Kennedy Dictabelt Recording. Please refer to the John F. Kennedy Dictabelt finding aid for more information. favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews ) Topic: John F. Kennedy Source: John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. Digital copy from the Miller Center of Public Affairs.
The audio from John Fitzgerald Kennedy's 1961 Inaugural Address. This is the speech with the famous quote "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country." favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews ) Topic: Speeches Source: The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library
* Headlines for September 17, 2007 * The Shock Doctrine: Naomi Klein on the Rise of Disaster Capitalism admin note -- description below are for previous dates: * The Race for 2008: A Look at the Presidential Playing Field * Immigrant Groups Launch Boycott of Western Union Over Money Transfer Fees * Thousands Turn Out For Immigrant Rights Protest Against Social Security "No Match" Letters * Headlines for September 14, 2007 * EXCLUSIVE: In One Of His Last Interviews Before His Death... favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews ) Source: Television broadcast
* Headlines for September 28, 2007 * More Dead in Burma as Troops Fire on Defiant Anti-Government Protesters * More Health Care Professionals Involved In Design, Structuring of Torture Than in Providing Care For Survivors * Minn. Immigrant Rights Group Sues ICE Over Swift Meatpacking Raid Source: Television broadcast
Democracy Now! radio program for August 7, 2007 * Headlines for August 7, 2007 * Freedom Next Time: Filmmaker & Journalist John Pilger on Propaganda, the Press, Censorship and Resisting the American Empire favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews ) Source: Television broadcast
* A Look At How Petraeus Helped Arm Warring Sunni and Shia Militias in Iraq * Billions Over Baghdad: How Did $9B in Cash Airlifted From the Fed to Iraq Go Missing? * Alive Day Memories: New Doc Takes Inside Look at Lives of U.S. Soldiers Wounded in Iraq * Headlines for September 13, 2007 * "Democracy While Black" - Rev. Lennox Yearwood Arrested, Charged with Assault While Entering Petraeus Hearing * From Freedom Watch to Petraeus, A Look at the Bush Administration's Iraq War PR... favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews ) Source: Television broadcast
Lyndon B. Johnson secret White House recording. favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews ) Topic: Lyndon B. Johnson Source: Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library. Digital copy from the Miller Center of Public Affairs.
* Headlines for September 14, 2007 * EXCLUSIVE: In One Of His Last Interviews Before His Death Iraqi Tribal Leader Abu Risha Details Relationship With U.S. Military * From Empire to Earth Community: Author David Korten on "The Great Turning" * Vandana Shiva Decries the "Outsourcing of Pollution to the Third World" * Michael Klare on the Internal War For Control of Iraq's Oil * "Climate Porn" - Simon Retallack on the Dangers of Using Alarmist Language to Talk About... Source: Television broadcast
* Pentagon Cracks Down on Anti-War Iraq War Veterans For Protesting in Uniform * Dave Zirin on "Welcome to the Terrordome: The Pain, Politics and Promise of Sports" * Headlines June 13, 2007 * Vanessa Redgrave Combines Lifelong Devotion to Acting and Political Involvement in New HBO Film “The Fever” * Headlines June 14, 2007 * Oaxaca Residents Mobilize for 1-Year Mark of State Repression of Popular Uprising * Ahead of “Sicko” Release, Michael Moore Brings Health Care Campaign... Source: Television broadcast
* Vandana Shiva Decries the "Outsourcing of Pollution to the Third World" * Michael Klare on the Internal War For Control of Iraq's Oil * "Climate Porn" - Simon Retallack on the Dangers of Using Alarmist Language to Talk About Climate Change * Headlines for September 17, 2007 * The Shock Doctrine: Naomi Klein on the Rise of Disaster Capitalism * Headlines for September 18, 2007 * Thousands Expected to March in Jena to Protest Pending Charges Against High School Students *... Source: Television broadcast
* Displaced, Imprisoned Darfurian Refugee Daoud Ibarahaem Hari On His Return to Darfur to Help Expose the World’s Worst Humanitarian Crisis * Philadelphia Court Hearing Could Decide Fate of Imprisoned Journalist Mumia Abu-Jamal * Headlines for May 16, 2007 * Studs Terkel At 95: “Ordinary People Are Capable of Doing Extraordinary Things, and That’s What It’s All About. They Must Count!” * Headlines for May 17, 2007 * Gaza Is Burning: Laila El-Hadded Reports on How Recent Fighting in... Source: Television broadcast
* Headlines for September 20, 2007 * As Civil Rights Activists Converge From Across the Nation, Louisiana Prosecutor Breaks Public Silence to Defend Case Against Jena Six * Fifty Years Since Little Rock Nine, New HBO Documentary Tells the Story of a Defining Civil Rights Struggle * Report from Jena: Thousands Gather in Louisiana to Rally for Jena Six * Latino, African American Voices Highlighted in New Documentaries on World War II Soldiers Source: Television broadcast